What is WebRTC?
WebRTC is enabling a revolution of web communications, but it can be tricky to get started.
The rtc.io suite is a collection of open source node.js modules that can be installed with npm to:
- access local camera and microphone
- create audio and video calls between browsers
- set up data channels between browsers
- provide communication management
- set up a signalling server
You get to pick and choose as needed.
Testing and WebRTC
All of the stable modules in the rtc.io suite (and some of the unstable ones too) are being tested using continuous integration (a big thanks to Travis CI for their excellent service). We have further information on our testing process if you are interested, and the current build status is displayed with each of our modules.